Saturday, October 25, 2008

We care!

The Care2 Petition site is hosting a petition to help outlaw dog chaining. We signed it. You can sign it, too.

In our old neighborhood, there was this one family who used to leave their dog chained up all day outside. I swear, it broke my heart every time I walked by. I never understood why these people got a dog in the first place. *shakes head* That dog wasn't aggressive but I've seen other dogs (one time a dog tied up to a pully system between trees) who you just knew would take off your head if you got near. I guess that's the point but then geesh, get an alarm system, not a dog.

Anyhow, I love that there is a possibility that this behavior of chaining dogs outside could be outlawed.

4 comments:

Lorenza said...

Hi, friends!
I am going to sign that petition!
Of course is not right to chain them!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Archie and Melissa said...

oh thank you for sharing this! we are going to sign the petition too!
xo
m & e

Brutus and Miley said...

Thanks for posting, it also bothers me to see dogs fenced in a small area vs. the whole back yard.

Nevis said...

I agree, that's terrible!