Thursday, March 5, 2009

You're fired!

Pearl here. We're going to have to fire Mommy as blog secretary because it's been forever since she posted anything. Between her birthday last week, being sickies, and getting ready for her Bollywood dance performance this weekend, she hasn't had time to do the really important things in life like post news about us and gives us as many treats as we can fit in our bellies.

To get Mommy moving, we had to get to get mean and be like, "Mommy this is ridiculous! Four of our wonderful friends - Rosie, Pearl, Timmy and Brutus gave us the Honesty Award. We have to thank them! We have to post it! We have to have cookies now!" (okay that part we didn't say but we should have).

Mommy's response was all, "Dudes*, I'm so sorry. I'll get posting right away, right after American Idol* even though I can't believe they are bringing TATIANA back for the wild card show."

(* she didn't really call us "dudes" but we wish she did because it's cool)

(** she didn't post anything after American Idol because she went to bed)

So with further ado or maybe lots of ado we don't know! because we don't know what ado means!...thank you sweet fuzzy friends for the Honesty Award. Here it is and here's what it means:



"When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have 7 friends. Show the 7 random victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty icon. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!"

Since there's two of us, we split the 10 things into 5 each. I'll start because I'm the oldest:

1. If the weather is bad and by bad I mean wet, cold or snowy, I don't like going outside. My parents push me out to do my business and sometimes I run right back in without going. They will try everything to get me to go, but you know what they say? You can lead a pug to grass but you can't make her pee. They call me a camel because of how long I can hold it.

2. My favoritist person in the whole world is Mommy.

3. When people come over, I get so excited, I grab my bone and bring it to them! But I don't want them to touch it.

4. I hate dancing. When Mommy dances I bark and bump into her calves. Sometimes when I'm really mad, I hump her leg.

5. I used to fart A LOT especially at 5pm. Mommy called it the Five O'Clock Farts but as I've gotten older, I don't do it as much.

And now Daisy's:
1. I am a Daddy's girl.

2. But as soon as the sun goes down, I'm all Mommy's. I like to sit on her legs on the reclining sofa.

3. I'm a scaredy pug. Sometimes I sit on the stairs and look out the window at the street and bark. I don't know what I'm barking at exactly but I'm sure there are scary things out there!

4. I love my red ball. When I'm tired I walk around with it in my mouth and I'm really really tired I get in my bed and suckle it.

5. I like to watch TV but I don't like anything yellow. Some of the soccer teams Daddy watches have yellow jerseys. I have to bark at them.

Since Mommy's so late posting this award, we're pretty sure everyone else has already done it so we're going to pass this on to anyone who would like to do it!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi sweet Pearl & Daisy! I am so glad you convinced your Momma to post this award- I loved reading those facts about you!

Don't fire your Mom, ok? Maybe just give her a pay cut or something.

martha said...

Dear Pearl and Daisy,
You poor little puggies! It must have been terrible waiting for Mommy to get back to blogging about you. Since that's undoubtedly Mommy's number one priority, it's mystifying how she let so much time go by. My advice is to try to forgive and forget : ) I'm sure she'll do better.
And I enjoyed reading the honest facts about the two of you!!
Martha

Totally Timmy said...

I enjoyed reading your honest facts..5 o'clock farting? That is a new one for me!

The Devil Dog said...

Heh heh. Mom has two awards she hasn't posted as well, so your mom is not the only slacker around. I think it's the bad weather and economy. People are getting all in a funk. We need spring to get them out of it.

Roxy

Twinkle a.k.a Chicken Little said...

Hi Pearl & Daisy, I think our mom are from the same planet. She always give me millions of excuse when she skip her duty. But too bad, we still love them. Haha

Thanks for sharing pals, Im with Daisy. When Im tired playing with my toy, I will sleep with it in my mouth.


slurpy licks,
Twinkle

Archie and Melissa said...

hi pearl and daisy!
what a great post. congratulations on your award and i cannot wait to hear all about your mom's great adventures when she has time.
have a great weekend!
xoxoxo
m & e

Lorenza said...

Hi, Pearl and Daisy!
Congratulations on your award! Thanks for sharing those honest things about you two!
Humping leg?? Haaaaa!
Give your mom a chance. Sounds like she has been very busy. Just make her not forget to give you lots of treats!
Take care
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza